Like many parents, I didn’t plan to start parenting singlehandedly. Until the responsibility squarely landed on my shoulders. For a few months I had to take up the role of both parents for our daughter while my wife would be away.
Frankly speaking, parenting is never one person’s job and to be successful it requires the support of many caring individuals.
I have loved challenges in my professional life, always welcomed and gave my best to deal with them. Solo parenting was to be my biggest personal challenge and I decided to embrace it positively and give my best shot to it too.
Here are some of the lessons and recommendations for anyone that is going to parent solo for any reason:
- The Journey BeginsLike many parents, I didn’t plan to start a blog on parenting. Until the responsibility of single-handedly parenting Aanya landed … More
- Task 1: Drawing up the support systemThe first step is to setup the support system.
- Task 2: Setting the routine‘The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.’ – Mike Murdock My next job is to understand … More
- Task 3: Quality time routinesThis entire week I am travelling for work in Switzerland and Germany. I am in the middle of the week … More
- Task 4: Five point plan to improve health and fitness without disturbing other routinesMy small steps to better health and fitness
- Finding Meaning & Joy in Chores and ErrandsToday, my typical day starts with doing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen and rewarding myself with a hot cup of … More
- How parents can prioritize their timeAs parents, we want to take up the responsibility of raising our children entirely. But many of us think this … More