Father. Son. Marketer. Thinker. Learner. Seeker
Like many of you, I play different roles. I am:
- A Marketing professional with 15 years of B2B marketing in manufacturing industry and work with a Swiss Multinational
- A Father of an 8 year old daughter who is the centre of our family universe
- A Son to wonderful parents who gave me an excellent middle class upbringing and who now live a happy retired life
- A Student of Vedanta, a spiritual path, studying under the guidance of a traditional teacher
I am a humanist, who believes that one must do everything in one’s capacity to reach one’s full potential of happiness in one’s lifetime. I believe happiness is a journey of holistic development of an individual leading to greater physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual health while at the same time, making positive contributions towards one’s family, work and social life.
Parenting as a father is a role closest to my heart and I put my heart and soul in it. Time will tell how successful or not successful I will be in this endeavour but I wish to share my journey with some people atleast and so I have created this blog. Our memories are not very reliable and it’s an established fact that we remake our memories as we recall and recount them in time. This blog will help freeze the experiences while they are fresh and remain here as a testimony of the days, months and years I would lived as a parent.
There are many books on parenting already but there is one key aspect many miss out on. They are largely focused on children and working with children. They miss out on working on the person who is a parent in the first place.
Parenting for me is not so much about using techniques and tactics to get children to do as you please. Rather parenting is the process by which a child on its own soaks in the values of the parent by modelling them. So in my approach, the focus is on how you can be the kind of human that you expect your child to be. It draws from research and best practices from many sources and also ties it all together into a single framework of Value Parenting.
It’s a journey of the parent as a person as much as it is about the journey of the child. It’s about the parent managing herself, her emotions, her health, her career and aspirations, her relationships, and her happiness while working with children. I am sharing my perspective based on my experiences. Here you can expect anything and everything that has a significant impact of parenting, upbringing and especially value education.
Also with this blog, I would love to connect with and share ideas with those who love parenting and are on the same journey as mine. For me, this blog would be successful if one day our daughter grows up to be a parent herself and find the advise on this blog useful in her own journey, long after I am gone.
- Upgrading Great Lost Books to KindleI have always been fond of books. They open a window to other worlds, minds and perspectives. Back in my … More
- Our Weekend Poster Project
- My Reading List for 2021
- Ten ways that make meOur ways of thinking, feeling, behaving and decision making define us and make us the person we are. I am … More
- The 25 books I read in 2020
- About MeFather. Son. Husband. Marketer. Seeker